Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I'm not altogether sure what's going on. My ability to deal with e-mail and the day to day seems to have eroded to the point that the old premise of there not being enough hours in the day was a self-fulfilling prophecy. As was the premise of a "new" Stooges album. I've been quite bemused by the fact that anybody expected it to be any better than just average. I think it's total tosh but my opinion isn't important. It's an Iggy record with some Stooges on it. It'll help them pad out their set with some more guff that nobody needs to hear. Until they deem to play "Raw Power" they should be boycotted. Pure and simple. The world's forgotten boy is taking liberties en route to getting his bus pass. He's nearly 60 you know... and the old age fund must be shaping up nicely.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I havent heard the new stooges album yet and I'm in no big rush - I'm not expecting any more than a typical Iggy Pop "could do better album" but with the bonus of hearing the ashetons and watt BUT at the same time, I'm glad they're doing something new to keep it interesting for them, I'm more interested in hearing new stuff than hear them do raw power and relegate ron to bass and I'd much rather hear them do stuff from the first two albums than raw power, so I'll not be boycotting them.

Mind you, if they just play Glastonbury and nowhere else, it'll be easy to boycott them !

Murray

Lindsay Hutton said...

Ron could always play guitar on those songs to give them a whole new dimension. Keeping it interesting is one thing, wasting time is another. Whittling away your legacy with such twentieth rate material and calling it "The Stooges" is blasphemy but it is theur dime after all.

Anonymous said...

I saw them play Funhouse in Hammersmith. It was an astonishing night, and I would go to see them again. But I am sure that we would all hear the phrase "Here's one from our new album" as a cue to go buy beer.

Howard Wall