Saturday, May 13, 2006

Forever Young...
Well, young of mind and body as I might be, I never expected to be stuck with chicken-pox well past my 40th birthday. I'll spare ya the gruesome details here, but yeah: It sucks. Bigtime...

Anyways, in an attempt to lighten up my mood I was searchin' for some info on the Pretty Things' two shows in Blokker right here in the Netherlands way back in '65. Lo and behold, thanks to the mighty web I not only came up with a truckload of original newspaper cuttings, but youtube had plenty of footage as well... (More on the Pretties later)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Jeroen! Man, adult chicken pox HURTS, like down to yer BONES! I caught it off some kids I was reading a story to in the library I usedta work in, man, three weeks of hell followed ... DON'T scratch the spots, cos you'll get awful scars! Berst wishes, Joss

Jeroen Vedder said...

Thanx... I seem to be recoverin' (very) slowly... Even my two year old son, who started the festivities in the first place, seems to recognise me once again...

Anonymous said...

Them spots get EVERYWHERE, don't they? I had chicken pox when I was a kid and thought that you couldn't get it twice - WRONG! According to the doctor, the record is FOUR TIMES! However, we should both count ourselves lucky that we didn't get shingles instead, cos I got enuff longterm nerve damage as it is!

Best

Joss