Monday, April 17, 2006

You on holiday today? Revved up to make that visit to the DIY superstore or some such retail facility?? I'm not. On holiday that is. Don't want to burn a day's annual leave. That's not to say that I want to attend the daily drudge but one of the only pleasures left is to be off when the other drones are in attendance.

The urge not to go in this am is strong but I'm not folding. I'd only regret it and be twice as despondent later. That's the quandry right there. Recent conditioning suggests that I'm lucky to have a job. That so many people don't. Life is just a big bowl of something... gruel mostly.

But anyway, the racket that is Easter will soon be over and Mayday will loom into view. That's one "holiday" I will partake of because it describes my downward spiral perfectly. So, if you are off today. Make a pact with yourself. Stay home and play some records and generally goof off. Don't go spending anything that'll make the pundits seem like they know your every habit. Even though they alarmingly do. Time I wasn't here...

No comments: