Sunday, March 12, 2006

Although it'll probably be Slush Central in a few hours, there's a veritable Billie Jo Spears situation out of doors. A blanket on the ground (for those not familiar with the country chanteuse). I made the antarctic trek for the Sunday paper and got splattered by a show plough for my trouble. Anyway I is back, dried off and not planning to leave the ol' "midden heid" again today. Compared to some places this 6 or 8 inch fall is nothing but it's causing chaos throughout Central Scotland today and certainly the most snow I can remember since maybe 1992 or thereabouts.

3 comments:

Rich said...

nice pix, very nice. it snowed in northern california the dayb4yesterday, with thunder and lightening and hail. not just a little snow, but actual real snow...piled up on the side of the mountain roads in santa cruz. reminds me of a joke: Say "tickle your ass with a feather?" and when the person says "WHAT!?", say "typical nebraska weather."

Anonymous said...

was it not Billie Jo Spears who had a hit with 'blanket on the ground' ?

Howard Wall

Lindsay Hutton said...

HW corrected me and I tweaked that entry accordingly. Both were on United Artists tho' mind... chalk it up to addled brain cells or even plain daftness. Thankyer Mr. Wall.